Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 February 2015

Sat 21 Feb - Upper Gilpin and Winster Valleys

21st February (Saturday), 11 am.
Upper Gilpin and Winster Valleys: A walk through dales and hills
6 miles, 1,200 ft ascent, three to four hours, grade: moderate
This walk over grassy paths, stony tracks and quiet lanes explores hills and dales around the upper reaches of the Gilpin and Winster rivers. The scenery is varied and includes over Windermere to the fells beyond. Park in the rough lay by just above the white cottages in a sharp bend on the B5284 Crook Road, quarter of mile east of the Wild Boar Inn (SD 437 951).
Please text Sarah (07818 366665) before 9pm on Friday 20th February if you plan to come along.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello I was hoping to join your group, I'm 34 and live in west Cumbria, I've hill walked before. Is there anything I need to do to join or just keep an eye out on the website? Thanks very much lee

Unknown said...

Hello, I've been struggling to post! I've sent this to the email address too!

I was hoping to join you on your next meet please, I've been hill walking before and live in west Cumbria. Do I just keep an eye on the website for the meets or do I need to register or something? Thanks very much

Lee

Tom said...

Hi Lee,

Posts need to be approved before they appear - we've had a lot of spam posts.

The best thing to do is to watch the website and contact the walk leader for more details when a walk is posted - I'm aware that there's a few gaps at the moment. Hopefully they should be filled in soon.

Tom