Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 May 2010

1st-3rd May - Bob Graham Round

Option 1

I am planning to do the Bob Graham round over 3 days in comfort mayday bank holiday weekend. This is 42 fells and approx 25 miles a day.
Plan is start in Wasdale maybe overnight stay at YHA, first night at a YHA in Keswick and 2nd night at a YHA in Grasmere. Will be taking bags with change of clothes, shower equipment etc to the hostels on the friday night so to carry as little weight as poss on walk days. Will be eating out in the evening.

Please contact me for more info.
Everyone to book their own accommodation.

Claire D - 07511259791

Option 2

I intend to do the BGR at the same time as Claire's group but staying up in the fells for the whole round, wildcamping that is.
Its something I've wanted to do for a couple of years after Rob suggested it on our round a couple of years ago. I intend to do it as light as possible using just a bivvy and a tarp. If it is warm enough I won't be taking a sleeping bag! People interested can bring whatever gear they want but must be aware it will be about 25 miles walking per day for three days. That means carrying your own gear at pretty much daywalk pace for 3 days. I'd advise anyone interested to consider their gear carefully. My tarp is big enough to provide shelter for 2 people so can share if the weather turns and the other person only has a bivvy.
My suggestion is bivvying it but I have a tarp so will take that as well. I suggest a pack weight should be less than 10kg for comfort.

Paul B (07752 116979)

2 comments:

Simon Anderson said...

I'm planning on doing a BGR in 24 hours in 2011 and would love to join you guys (YHA!) to recce the whole route. Clockwise or anti?

Claire Duncan said...

hi going clockwise tho starting at wasdale coz of where some ppl live. email me and ill send u details! claireduncan@rocketmail.com