Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 June 2007

Walk for Sunday 24th June - High Raise

Sunday 24th June 2007

Description: Ascent of High Raise (762m) from Stonethwaite via Greenup
Gill.

Descent via Langstrath Beck. We will pass Black Moss Pot on the way back so if the weather is good and you fancy a dip bring your swimmers.

Grade: 3

Ascent: 600m

Time: 6 hours

Start: 10am in Stonethwaite Village next to the public telephone box (NY263138). I'm planning on camping out the night before at The Stonethwaite Campsite. If anyone else is interested let me know. Its pretty basic.
There are toilets but no showers or drinking water. It's about 400m up a rough track past the village and The Langstrath Hotel.

Car Share: 08:45am at The Low Wood Hotel. As I'm camping I won't be
leaving from the Hotel but I can put people in contact with each other to organise car sharing.

Leader: Barbara (07843567097)

No comments: